Thursday, February 14, 2013

Learn To Appreciate

Sitting here in bed tonight, I think about how comforting it is so have Archie by my side when I close my eyes for bed. It simply helps me to end the night with a smile, no matter the pains, smiles or experiences that life put me through that day. As I gather photos and begin to prep for Archie's return to The Seeing Eye, I am struck with the painful reminders of this same process I experienced with Neptune over a year prior. Raising these dogs in the program has taught me so much, and if I could advise fellow dog lovers from what I have taken from the program I would stress the need to appreciate. Appreciate what the day may bring with your dog, appreciate the silly thing the dog does to make you smile, appreciate the dog's company when you close your eye's to conlcude the day. Life brings unexpected turns; you can never predict when your best canine friend leaves your side...learn to appreciate.



1 comment: