Thursday, January 31, 2013

Find Your Passion, Make It Successful

Last year in English class, we were asked to come up with a six worded phrase that was relative to a way in which we like to "live our life". Here's mine...
"Find Your Passion, Make It Successful"
I wish more teens worked towards finding that "niche" that lights their fire everyday. Without the hard work and time I have put forth in working towards my career path, I am not sure sure what I would do with all my spare energy! I've been exploring all areas within the dog field throughout my high school career. From therapy dogs to service dogs to agility and conformation, kennel staff and dog groomer, you could say I've touched upon all bases. Within the past year, I have really started feeling comfortable and confident with where my dog life has taken me. I really owe a huge part of that to the Unique family; without their support, love, guidance, friendship, advice and mentorship, there is no way I would be as far as I am today. The feeling that overwhelmes me after a weekend out showing or trialing is just unexplainable. With or without ribbons in my hand, ending that day symbolizes one step closer to my career path. Some roads have been rocky, but outweighed by accomplishments thus far. 
This year I am expecting bigger and better things. As the official day approaches that will remove me of the label "junior handler", I am mentally prepared to take things to the next level. I am most looking forward to more dedication to dog shows and agility on a more frequent basis, and working in our dog grooming shop on a full time basis. Best of all, I am beyond ready to show the world what Lacey and I can succeed in both the conformation and agility ring.
November 2012 Philadelphia National Dog Show- Oaks, PA
AKC 2012 Junior Agility Invitationals- Orlando, FL
photo credit- GreatDanePhotos






No comments:

Post a Comment