Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hopeful dreams...

We are all told we are allowed to have dreams, right? Well for me, my dreams turn into goals which turn into my driving point of my life. I'm sure you've guessed, basically I'm associating this with dog stuff...
     So dream #1: run Lacey in December at AKC Junior Agility Invitationals in Orlando, Florida. This isn't an impossible dream to achieve, just a matter of getting Lacey trialing as soon as we are prepared so that she is seasoned enough to run the courses there. I would absolutely love doing this and basically already got the okay from my parents to do this big show, I kinda gave up CPE Nationals in hopes to going to invitationals instead...
     Dream #2: I might be nuts..I want Lacey and I to be on the first USA OJAC team to compete in England (or wherever outside this country that it is chosen to take place) in February 2013. I know, I'm crazy to hope to be on this team with a dog I'm not trialing with yet, but I'm only a junior handler for so many more months and need to cease the opportunities while I can! If you don't have dreams, you can't achieve the impossible. If I hope and set goals to try to get on this team, we can train harder, trial more and maybe get better chances of representing USA at the open junior agility championships next year. Please assure me I'm not unrealistic and nuts?!
"The key to happiness is having dreams. The key to success is making your dreams come true"

4 comments:

  1. AKC invitiationals > CPE nats for suree! And the OJAC is a great goal, maybe I'll see you there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I made the right decision on the invitationals but hope we are seasoned enough in trialing to get to run there. Do you plan on going as well? OJAC is definitely a goal....only time will tell if it can be a reality but worth a shot! Are you thinking of trying for OJAC team as well??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I'm sure we'll be able to make it on the team no problem. The only thing that will be holding me back is money. And I hope to go to invitiationals, it'll be the last (and my first year going) to the junior thing. I'll only be going if I can tag along with someone around here, and so far I've had plenty of people willing to let me come with!

      Delete
  3. Puma and i will be going to the AKC Junior Agility in Orlando!!! I can't wait to met you! Best of luck on getting Lacey in the USA OJAC team! Im sure you guys can do it and dont worry your not nuts.

    ReplyDelete