Saturday, December 24, 2011

Oh wait, its Christmas?

So pretty much this really doesn't feel like a typical Christmas holiday season. Between school and work, I feel like I haven't had anytime to mentally prep for the holiday season or even absorb the fact its Christmas weekend. Although it kinda pretty much stinks to work on the holiday, my pretty awesome job makes it better. What makes it even better is working with Hillary, pretty much my best dog nerd friend ever. She's awesome and so are our never ending dog conversations.
       My parents have been bugging me on what to ask for Christmas to make their shopping easier. I guess my two items on a wish list from http://cleanrun.com/ wasn't quite enough to hand me for the holiday. Then out of nowhere, I came across an ad on a bulletin board at a local training facility that was advertising some agility equipment for sale. It listed weave poles, a teeter, and an AFrame. I thought I'd give it a shot and call the number listed to hear more information on these items. Before I knew it, I was on my way driving the a strangers house to purchase an Aframe and teeter off of them! Aframe is basically brand new bought from MAD agility. The lady purchased it new but then her agility dog got injured and she doesn't plan on getting back into the sport. The Aframe has been sitting in her house for a little while, and I bought it off of her for $200. A steal for a competition frame! The teeter I bought for $70 off of her. It's competition sized board however the base in very strong PVC but still makes me nervous chancing the equipment to brake. I will probably end up just buying a metal base eventually. Pretty much, the timing for this equipment was great as my Christmas present from my parents. Also great because I am just starting my running contacts with puppy, and having contact equipment available will be perfect in shaping the behavior I want on my own time.









2 comments:

  1. so lucky about the aframe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very lucky! Gotta take good care of it so hopefully it'll last me a lifetime! Or atleast close to one

    ReplyDelete